We are recruiting for a Senior Support Worker to join a fantastic residential service for children and young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties and learning difficulties.
Our client is an established provider of Residential Childcare with a proven record of creating home environments that exceed children’s needs. They facilitate children in their care to express their characters, whilst providing an exceptional level of care
As a Senior Support Worker you will be working alongside the management team to lead shifts whilst making a huge difference to lives of children who live with learning difficulties and special needs as well as emotional behavioural difficulties.
The role includes:
- Leading shifts and supervising a team of Support Workers
- Organising and accompanying the young people on social activities and appointments
- Working closely with the management team to ensure the service maintains excellent standards
- Building relationships with young people and working towards positive outcomes
- Recording the young person’s activity & reporting key aspects of their care
- Promoting the young person’s independence and developing their life skills
Whilst the role has its challenges, the results you will see from the children you work with will offer incomparable job satisfaction.
The ideal applicant will have:
- 2+ Years’ experience working with young people in a residential setting
- Full driving license with access to own transport
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or The Children & Young Peoples Workforce
- Flexibility to work to a rota that includes early starts, late finishes and occasional weekends.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with:
- Excellent rates of pay including performance related bonus & opportunity to work overtime
- On-going professional development including the opportunity to progress into a management position
- Generous Holiday entitlement and opportunity to work to a rota that provides up to 4 days off per week
- Minimum 3% pension contributions
- Extensive work-based training and access to Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management
If this could be you, please don’t hesitate and apply immediately!!
The successful applicant will be appointed subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check.