We are recruiting for a Qualified Support Worker to join a fantastic residential service for children and young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties and learning difficulties.
Our client is an established provider of Residential Childcare with a proven record of creating home environments that exceed children’s needs. They facilitate children in their care to express their characters, establish their independence and become their own person.
As a Support Worker you will be making a huge difference to lives of children with who have suffered trauma and abuse.
The role includes:
- Organising and accompanying the young people on social activities and appointments
- Helping the young people to overcome difficulties or disadvantages holding them back from fulfilling their potential
- Recording the young person’s activity & reporting key aspects of their care
- Promoting the young person’s independence and developing their life skills
Whilst the role has its challenges, the results you will see from the children you work with offer incomparable job satisfaction.
The ideal applicant will have:
- 12+ months experience working in a residential children’s home
- Full driving licence with access to own transport
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or The Children & Young Peoples Workforce
- Flexibility to work to a rota that includes early starts, late
finishes and occasional weekends.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with:
- Excellent rates of pay including performance related bonus & opportunity to work overtime
- On-going professional development including the opportunity to progress into a management position
- Generous Holiday entitlement and opportunity to work to a rota that provides up to 4 days off per week
- Minimum 3% pension contributions
- Extensive work-based training and access to Level 5 Management qualifications as you progress towards more senior roles
If this could be you, please don’t hesitate and apply immediately!!
The successful applicant will be appointed subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check.