DegreeSix is a Social Care recruitment agency looking for Residential Support Workers who want to make a difference in the lives of Young People with disabilities such as autism, mental health problems and challenging behaviours.
As a Residential Support Worker, you will be providing a combination of support depending on the service you work for. While working as a Residential Support Worker you will need to be empathetic and understanding of the trauma those in your care have suffered which can manifest into very challenging behaviours.
Requirements of the role
- You must be at least 21 years of age when working with Children
- A full UK driving license is not essential but advantageous
- 3+ Months of UK experience supporting people with disabilities
If you meet the above criteria, we can offer you
- Variety of shift patterns including long days, early/late shifts and waking nights
- Flexible working hours to fit around your availability
- Ongoing training including the opportunity to complete a work-based diploma
- Hourly rates are between £10.42 and £10.52 per hour (Up to £11.52 including holiday pay) + Sleep Overpayments (£20,500 – £21,500 + s/o full time equivalent)
- Enhanced bank holiday pay (Double time in most cases)
- Opportunity to transition into a full-time, permanent position