DegreeSix Recruitment Specialists are looking for experienced Support Worker to work with excellent local residential children’s and adult providers based in and around Shropshire. We have various shift patterns available from Long Days, Waking nights and sleep overs to work alongside a great staffing team and would receive lots of support. With flexibility to pick and choose the shifts that would suit you.
By supporting local and national providers you will not only be able to make a difference with a variety of young people and young adults. But also gain more opportunities to undertake ongoing professional development.
As a Support Worker at the homes, you would be required to support with schoolwork and educational activities. you’d be helping teach daily skills and be an emotional support and mentor. Along with the support, you would help with the housework and cooking, in the homes to ensure it is a nurturing and a safe environment.
Requirements of the role
- Full UK driving licence, this is not essential but an advantage
- 3+ Months experience supporting people with disabilities
- A NVQ Level 3 with Young people or equivalent (Optional)
- Enhanced DBS on the update Service (Optional)
If you meet the above criteria, we can offer you
- Including long days, sleeps and waking nights on a rota bases
- Ongoing training including the opportunity to complete a work based diploma
- Hourly rates between £9.00 and £11 per hour + Sleep Over payments (£18,000-£21,000 + s/o full time equivalent)
- Enhanced bank holiday pay (Double time in most cases)
- Once the temp hours are completed a direct transition in to a full time, permanent position
- * Option to work as a Limited Contractor at enhanced rates
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service or provide Update Service subscription details.