Behaviour Specialist (SEMH Student) – Learning support assistant
DegreeSix are currently looking to recruit an experienced, passionate, and proactive learning support assistant to join an OFSTED Good Primary SEMH School in Northampton.The school are looking to offer the suitable candidate a long-term temporary contract with an ASAP start.
The school has seen a dramatic improvement over the last 3 years in OFSTED rating, pupil behaviour and especially SATs results, holding its own with most high achieving mainstream primary schools in the borough of Northampton. It is a small school with a very friendly staff that have created a real team, almost family feel to the work. The school are looking to add a Teaching Assistant to the team who would bring with them a wealth of experience, but also buy in to the ethos of the school.
If successful, you will join the schools talented support team on a permanent basis. The Teaching Assistant role will involve assisting with the students’ lessons and work throughout the day, supervising the students at break and lunch times and using training of safe methods of restraint and de-escalation of behaviour when required.
- SEMH Teaching Assistant (Social Emotional Mental Health)
- Strong Behaviour Management
- Work closely within a team to problem solve
- Support in a classroom and playground environment
- Provide 1:1 support
- On site and local parking available
- Experienced with SEMH students in an SEN or Mainstream setting
- TeamTeach/Approach training is preferred but not essential
- Passionate and proactive when it comes to working with SEMH
- Be able to cope with regular abusive language and aggressive behaviour from students
- Ability to empathise and communicate with SEMH students effectively
- You will need to be patient, empathetic & compassionate
- Have a versatile & positive approach to supporting learning
- Ofsted ‘Good’ SEMH School
- Popular school
- Supportive team
- Fantastic track record of teacher training & development
- Key stage 1 & 2
- Located Northampton
- Good transport links
- Parking available
- Excellent, state of the art facilities
If you are an experienced Learning support assistant who is passionate about SEN/SEMH, then please get in touch.