Special Educational Needs Teacher- SEND Teacher-Luton
A fantastic trust is opening a brand new SEND school for children with Autism (ASD) and Profound multiple learning difficulties (PMLD). The school are looking for a passionate, forward thinking teacher to join their team from September.
If you are an experienced teacher of SEND or a Secondary teacher looking to move across into Special Education Please apply.
The school caters for children aged 7-16. They have a creative approach to learning, and it is a rare opportunity for those that love to teach to really allow themselves the opportunity to find their creative streak in the role.
The school encourages applications from staff who would like to be part of vibrant, multicultural and social team and encourage applications from staff with a SEND or mainstream teaching background
Applications are also encouraged from those who would like to develop and progress their careers. As the school grows, so will the opportunity for progression.
If this sounds like a setting you are interested in knowing more about, please apply .
- Competitive Salary
- Hours- 8.15 – 3.30PM
- A patient and understanding approach and manner
- A flexible and amenable attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable attendance and punctuality
- Clear DBS check
- Experience of PECS, Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant augmentative and alternative communication approaches are advantageous but not essential
- Be aware of, and remain responsible for all safeguarding of pupils within your care
- Work collaboratively with both teaching and support staff to ensure best outcomes for students
- Foster independence in students and promote well-being and good welfare
We are fully compliant with Agency Worker Regulations, ensuring you receive equal treatment for pay and conditions after a 12-week qualifying period. Please ask for further details.
All quoted rates are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.