DegreeSix Recruitment is a fast-growing bespoke Social Care agency. We are currently recruiting experienced, enthusiastic and passionate Support Workers to join our agency team in the area to help support a variety of services including residential homes and supported living services.
DegreeSix’s agency team support some of the UK’s leading Social Care providers across the country. You will be required to support vulnerable adults (aged 18-65) and/or young people (aged 8-17).
The people you will be supporting may have experienced past trauma or have social-emotional mental health (SEMH), emotional behaviour difficulties (EBD), child sexual exploitation (CSE), and may display challenging behaviours.
Responsibilities of the role:
- You will be required to provide a combination of support which includes domestic duties, such as cooking and cleaning and, in some cases, personal care.
- You will be required to help with studies and schoolwork, recreational actives such as accessing the community for hobbies and appointments.
- You will need to work closely with other members of permanent staff to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the people you are supporting.
- You will need to be empathetic and understanding of the people you are supporting and their circumstances.
- You will need to be engaging, proactive and able to use your own initiative.
- Due to current legislation, you must be at least 18 years old to work with adults and 21 to work with young people.
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle, this is not essential but an advantage as services can be in remote locations which are not accessible via public transport.
- A minimum of 3 months experience supporting adults or young people with challenging behaviours preferably in a residential setting or SEN schools.
- Enhanced DBS registered with the update service – this is desirable but not essential.
What we can offer:
- Variety of shift patterns including long days (with and without sleeps), early/late shifts and waking nights.
- Flexible working hours to fit around your own availability on a weekly basis.
- Free ongoing training including the opportunity to complete a work-based diploma.
- Hourly rates between £8.75 – £9.50 per hour + sleep over payments with weekly pay.
- Enhanced bank holiday pay, which is double time in most cases.
- Opportunities to transition into a full time, permanent position with services that you like.
- Option to work as PAYE or limited contractor.
- Personal account manager as your point of contact.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service or will be able to provide Update Service subscription details.