DegreeSix are looking to recruit an enthusiastic casual support worker who wants to help improve the lives of adults with learning disabilities. DegreeSix specialise in the Learning disabilities sector and work with a majority of national and local organisations that provide care and support in the area. This gives candidates the opportunity to gain experience in a variety of established care settings without having to commit to a permanent role. With over 30 years combined experience within the sector, our experts can help provide opportunities whether it be securing additional hours or part time work.
Within your new role you will be expected to deliver a high quality of care to adults with learning disabilities, including autism, challenging behaviour and mental health problems. You will be assisting them in everyday life with domestic duties, handling medication and planning activities for the day. You will have an understanding of the different learning disabilities and how you can help with each individual need.
To be considered for this role:
- You must be at least 18 years old when working with adults.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence, this is not essential but is preferred.
- Have a minimum of 3 months experience working with adults with learning disabilities
- Be prepared to complete a full DBS
Working with DegreeSix you can expect to have in return:
- Flexible working hours to fit around you.
- Variety of shifts
- Competitive pay
- Full training provided free of charge
If this sounds like the role for you then apply down below and we will be in touch! The successful candidate will undergo a current DBS check.